At SpotNews.tv, ethics and integrity are part of our Core Values. As such, we will also hold our partners and clients to the same high ethical standards and hold them accountable when our Core Values are violated. In full transparency of our expectations of clients and partners, we’ve developed this simple and straight-forward Client Integrity Policy.
- Any use of SpotNews.tv material without explicit written consent, including but not limited to embedding our social media posts or our video player, broadcast on linear television and/or publishing on any digital or social channels, is a serious violation of trust under our Client Integrity Policy.
- While ’fair use‘ is a valid legal doctrine for unlicensed use another party’s content without permission, SpotNews.tv considers ‘fair use’ to be a serious violation of our trust under this Client Integrity Policy.
- Furthermore, any distribution or sharing of SpotNews.tv Content without explicit written consent is a both a breach of your content license agreement and a serious violation of our trust under the SpotNews.tv Client Integrity Policy.
- Finally, obstruction of SpotNews.tv watermarks or logos by anything other than standard broadcast lower third graphics is a serious violation of trust under our Client Integrity Policy.
Any client that violates our trust by misusing, sharing, distributing or using our content without explicit written consent, regardless of intent, will face the following consequences:
- Upon the occurrence of a first violation, the client will receive a reminder of our Client Integrity Policy and a warning of its consequences, as well as an offer to retroactively license the content at a rate of no less than twentiy-five percent of damages, as estimated solely by SpotNews.tv.
- Should the client in violation of our Client Integrity Policy refuse our offer to retroactively license the material, new purchases will be frozen until compliance.
- If a client violate our client integrity policy a second time, their ability to make new purchases will be frozen for 90 days after compliance.
- Upon a third violation of this policy, the clients ability to make new purchases will be suspended for one calendar year and all prior violations will be evaluated by our legal team to pursue infringement claims where applicable.
- Any client that violates our client integrity policy more than three times shall have all content licenses revoked.
- If you are not a current client in good standing and infringe upon SpotNews.tv’s copyright, we will pursue all legal remedies.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or it’s the repercussions, please contact us.