This is an agreement between SpotNews.tv (“SpotNews.tv”) and you, or the employer on whose behalf you are entering this agreement (“you”). By using our website and/or purchasing a license from us, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) as same pertain to the license you purchase.
- Use – Any copying, reproduction, excerpting, publishing, broadcasting, streaming, retitling, archiving, storage, public performance, publicly display, reformat, translation, or transmission of any Content available for license from SpotNews.tv
- Content – Any video or audio recording, photo or video frame-grab available for license from SpotNews.tv
2. Content Licenses
By purchasing a SpotNews.tv license, SpotNews.tv grants you the limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide (except where expressly limited to a single “Territory”) right and license, in perpetuity (unless otherwise specified) to modify (subject to related restrictions) and Use our Content in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Agreement, and the Standard License or Custom License, as applicable.
In consideration of the license you purchase, you hereby agree to pay SpotNews.tv a certain license fee according to our current rates and agree to adhere to our Client Integrity Policy. Only clients in good standing under our Client Integrity Policy are eligible to purchase a content license.
Previews of Photos, Video and Frame-grabs are available to view through SpotNews.tv, they are for client approval purposes only and cannot be used for any other purpose including, but not limited to, any unlicensed use in commercial or non-commercial materials, advertisements, social or digital media.
3. Standard Editorial License
Our Standard Editorial License allows editorial Use of SpotNews.tv Content an unlimited number of times in perpetuity on the following mediums:
- 1 (one) Linear TV Channel, Program OR Print Publication
- 1 (one) Related Website
- 5 (five) Social Media Accounts
- 5 (five) Out-of-Home Platforms
4. Limitations of Use
You may NOT:
- use our content commercially, in any advertisements or in any commercial projects. A separate license is required.
- sell, transfer, sublicense, share, give away or otherwise assign the Content or your rights granted hereunder to any other party.
- resell the Content by itself or as part of a package except solely as embodied within another project.
- resell the Content (or otherwise make it available) in any manner that would enable a third party to download the Content as a separate file
- resell the Content (or otherwise make it available) as part of any competing product such as video marketplace, archive or library.
- claim to be the creator or copyright holder of the Content or of any derivative work created from the Content.
You hereby acknowledge that SpotNews.tv and/or the Content creator is and remains the owner of all right, title and interest in the Content, including without limitation any copyrights therein. The Content is protected by and subject to United States and international copyright laws. This license is non-exclusive and SpotNews.tv retains the right to sell licenses of the Content to third parties at its sole discretion.
6. Limitation of Liability
SpotNews.tv makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, except that it warrants that it has the right to grant the license granted hereunder. The total liability of SpotNews.tv under this Agreement arising from your use of any Content shall be limited to the license fee paid by you for such Content. You hereby agree that this license is granted to you without any other warranty or recourse.
SpotNews.tv makes all possible efforts to make sure that all the Content that comprise its online library are available at all times. However, SpotNews.tv makes no representations or warranties that all Content will be available at all times. SpotNews.tv may discontinue licensing certain Content at its sole discretion. In the event that SpotNews.tv gets a notice or otherwise concludes that any Content may be subject to a claim of infringement of another’s right for which SpotNews.tv may be liable, SpotNews.tv may require you to immediately stop using the Content, delete or remove the Content from its premises, computer systems and storage (electronic or physical); and ensure that its clients do likewise. SpotNews.tv shall provide you with comparable content (which comparability will be determined by SpotNews.tv in its reasonable commercial judgment) free of charge, but subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The license fees charged by SpotNews.tv do not include any taxes, duties or other government charges. You are responsible for any sales tax.
9. General Provisions
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the United States and State of New York. Nothing in the present Agreement shall be interpreted as constituting or creating a joint venture or partnership between the Parties. This Agreement shall be to the benefit of and bind the respective heirs, executors, administrators and assigns of the Parties hereto. If any part of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or any other legally constituted body having jurisdiction to make such determination, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Last Revised May 2021